January 2010

January 2010

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tis the Season!

The Beginning of the Christmas Season Post
This is one of my indoor cycling classes that I teach.
This is the gym that I love because of the people but
the facility is very small. Mind you, this picture was
taken a little after 5:00 a.m.
For the past 3 or 4 years I have done a contest in
this class to keep us (me) motivated through the holiday
season. I donate whatever I have chosen that year to
give to the winner. (Although everyone gets some
little prize at the end for participating!) This year my
whole theme, at the gym and with my family, was
centered around Sub for Santa. Anyway there were
4 points possible. I teach this particular class on Saturdays
at 6:00 a.m. and Tuesdays at 5:30 a.m. You have to get
there a half hour early to get a bike, only 11 bikes are
available. So you get a point for each day that you were
there, then each one of us made a personal goal, it could
be weight lifting 3 times a week or going to yoga or it
could have something to do with your eating habits,
(or ones that you are trying to break) One girl, not pictured,
wanted a way to get an extra point just in case the other 3
points were not do-able so I said they could have an
extra point if they did an act of service within that same
week. Anyway, the contest lasted only 6 weeks
this time. It was so fun! (I personally had the same jar
of peanut butter on my shelf the entire time!) That was
a goal of mine. Anyway the person with the most
points won $50, but the catch this year was, they had to
donate the money for a Sub for Santa! This class is so fun.
It was fun to listen to what everyone happen to do
for their service that week. It made me conscience
of what I could do to serve someone throughout the
week. Great way to start the holidays and hopefully
continue throughout the new year.
Mainly the people that come to this class are serious
road bikers. We work insanely hard! I wanted an
after class picture when we were all drenched
with sweat but no one would. This is why I keep
teaching, it pushes me!

3 comments:

  1. I liked the idea of service for a point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, Joan. I want a pic with my spin buddies, but I don't think I could talk them into it :). I wish I could come join your class.

    ReplyDelete