January 2010

January 2010

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Festivities Begin!

Last year with my christmas bonus, I took everyone
to "The Roof" for dinner. We had such a great
time. We had a private room that over looked
the capital and temple square. This year I wanted
to spend the money a little differently and all of
my kids agreed. At one of the gyms I teach at,
they had Sub for Santa. I loved how they organized
it. You knew about the families situation and what
they needed. We ended eating at Chelsea and Joey's
before we left to go shop!
One 35 yr. old mother had her husband die, June
2010. She was left with 4 boys and no life or
death insurance. Another mother has a daughter
who was disabled. Her father committed suicide
on her birthday. Another family just had their 15
week old baby and has another son and the
father just lost his job. So . . . .
Everyone was helpful and honestly trying to
pick the best thing for each person we had
to buy for. Rodger couldn't come at all and
Dave was only able to make it to the dinner.
Joey was a good sport and volunteered to
be the photographer. From the pictures
below you will see that it kept him very
entertained!
I think we were there about an hour and a
half, so there was time for fun!

I'm sure people were wondering what
in the world are they doing!
There was a dance game and Isaac had quite
the crowd watching him! The picture of them
looking at a shirt, they were seriously figuring
out what shirts to buy for the boy.
I have the cutest family!
There was never a dull moment!
Who says shopping can't be fun?
At this point Chelsea is probably thinking,
"Joe, do you know that my Mom will be
putting these pictures on the blog?!"
And. . . she did! Keep in mind, he's
the photographer!
We went home and wrapped all the gifts and
delivered them the next day. I believe this
will be just as memorable as last year.
Chelsea told me later that Isaac said the
cutest prayer about the families we helped
for Christmas. It made it all worth it!
Thanks to my kids for all their help!
(P.S., if you click on the pictures they
will go bigger.)
More Christmas to follow!

3 comments:

  1. It was a great memory! Funny pictures indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say this every year, but we HAVE to do something like this net year!! Love it! You DO have the cutest family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great idea and wonderful memory. Especially the pictures.

    ReplyDelete