January 2010

January 2010

Friday, September 10, 2010

One day get away with Alpine Dental



Last month Dr. Leaver, who I work for, had his
Dad, owner of the planes and his brother Mike,
a pilot instructor, fly us to Bryce Canyon for the
day. We were going to go to Yellowstone but
there was questionable weather that day so we
headed the opposite direction. We met at 6:30 a.m. Isn't it a beautiful morning. (Well, I'm a
morning person so it is to me!)




Left to right: Reg, Dr. Leaver, Me, Jeff, Cindie
and Stacy. This is all of the employees at Alpine.
Reg and Stacy are the assistants that I have
worked with for 14 years! Dr. Leaver is the good
boss that likes to have fun. Jeff is the hygenist
that has worked there for 3 years and Cindie has
been there for 2 years, which I love to work with!
We have a lot of fun.



Dr. Leaver's 2nd oldest, Cannon, came with us.
Frank, his Dad is flying. I flew over in the 6
seater plane.















This was the cool looking hanger at the Bryce
Canyon airport. Pretty rustic, I loved it.
















Our pilot of the 6 seater pilot




Reg getting out of the 4 seater plane. They
loved the flight over.











We started our day out with a big breakfast and then we went on a hike. We stayed on the upper paths so everyone could hike at first. Isn't it beautiful!





Dr. Leaver's Mom and Dad and brother. They
were nice enough to spend the day with us.








This of course is the view looking down . . . .










But I would have to say my favorite view was
looking up!









See what I mean. I didn't know if the sky was so blue that
day, or it looked that way because of the orange rock.
Amazing how the trees just
grew right in the middle of
nothing.
Joani, his Mom and Reg taking
a little breather. It was quite
the hike back out of there.
After we went and had lunch we got ready
to head back home. (Mike getting
ready for take off)

Mike teaches private flying lessons. What a fun job.
This is when I was in the 4 seater plane. When I
first sat down, I was right behind him, and I wasn't
sure that I would be all right because I was
claustrophobic until he moved the seat up, then
I was just fine. I liked the little plane because
the ride was a little more bumpy and the wings
were above you so you could see straight down.
We listened to good music and talked and
texts on our phones as much as we wanted.
You wonder who made that rule up with
no phones!! I'm sure there is a reason.
It was a great day! Thanks to Dr. Leaver
and his family for taking us.
P.S. I tried doing a little different layout
with this, obviously it didn't turn out too
well. Too tired to change it.

5 comments: