January 2010

January 2010

Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 15th - Sarah 2 months/Ashley 1/2 marathon!

Saturday, Sarah was 2 months old! I can't believe how
fast the time goes by. The beautiful quilt that she
is laying on, is the quilt Great Aunt LeAnne made
her. It is beautiful. Thank you so much for all the
time and love that went into it.
Starting this past week Chelsea went back to work
for only about 15 hours a week. She drops Sarah
off at our house to have her own little nanny Lindsey,
tend her. She comes every Tuesday, Thursday
and Fridays. On Fridays I am home so I get to
play too! This is after Linds and I gave her a bath.
This was actually 2 days before she was 2 months
and I was having a little photo shoot before Lindsey
stole her away and I left for work.
At her 2 month check up she weighed 10lbs.11oz.
Her weight was 44%, her height was 22 1/2 inches
at 53% and her head was 40.8 cm at 91%!
Look at those wide eyes! She has been smiling
and cooing for about a month now. So much fun!
Chelsea kept asking where her baby pictures were
so I thought I would show you how similar Sarah
looks to Chelsea. This is about the same age as she
is now. (Brad's a little older now :) )
Same wide eyes!
Same little sad face!
Same chunky legs! (I'm a little older now too!)
I obviously just got home from running.
We love you little Sarah. Hopefully you will
grow up to not only look like your Mom,
but be just as wonderful as she is!
Now on to Ashley! A few months ago Ashley
decided to run the Ogden 1/2 marathon. Some
ladies at her work said they would do it too but
Ashley was the only original one that stuck to it
and did it! One day before the race, one of her
co-workers sold her spot to one of Ashley's
good friends, Jenny.
I believe Ashley got up at 3:30 a.m. to get ready.
I crawled out of bed at 3:50 to braid her hair
and drive them to 25th Street in Ogden, where
they were bused up to the starting line,
which was in Eden. At that time in the morning
it was a little chilly! All pumped up ready to go!
I drove back home and at 8:02 a.m. I get
a text that simply said "Blisters" then at
8:11 a.m. I get a text that says "mile eight"!
I hurry and call Dave and told him I'd be to
his house within minutes. We made it there in
about 10 minutes, right before she crossed the
finish line and in time for me to yell to her so she
knew we saw her. She did great!
1 hour 53 minutes! She beat her time. She did
want below 2 hours but had said, for not training
much, she would be happy with 2 hours 15 mins.
Jenny finished 8 minutes ahead of her. (We missed
her finishing) They were pretty excited!
Way to go!
I saw so many of my running friends there.
I was so jealous that I couldn't do it. Maybe
the 5k next year!
Hanging out to wait for their bags. Isn't Dave
a good sport, he said she didn't even stink.
Now is that love or what!
Ashley had bought 2 new pair of shoes in the
last month but they still give her blisters. Dave
carrying her to the car because she asked him
too and once again he does it.
What a fun first half, running down Ogden Canyon!
She was upset because she forgot her head phones
but in the end she loved not having her music on
because she could listen to the river and the people.
Out of 105 girls in her age group, she took 16th place.
The first place girl was just 11 minutes ahead of her.
Jenny took 5th place! She said, "now thats
motivation!" She will be running her
next one June 12th.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah is so darling and she really does look so much like Chels. Umm Joan, you look so dang skinny in that picture of you and Chels! Was that taken in Grandma's bathroom?

    Go Ash! Great job on your first half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Sarah is cuter than I was for sure. She's getting her shots today, I am not excited...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah is cuter than you Chels, don't you worry:) Ha. She is a doll and gets cuter everytime I see her.
    Ash, I can't tell you how jealous I am. Maybe I should join you next time.

    ReplyDelete