January 2010

January 2010

Friday, May 21, 2010

Today was Chelsea's 25th Birthday! I can't
believe it! This is a picture of our family
get together for her birthday dinner on
Wednesday night. Such a cute couple!
Cort and Rodg and little Sarah. Also cute!
Ash, Ike, Linds and Keat. Cute face Isaac!
Check out the plates and glasses, that was
one of my many Mother's Day gifts!
A little reading before dinner. Check out that
book. It is 25 years old and a little worn out,
but everyday I would read it to Chelsea when
she was little and all the other girls. It is
all the nursery rhymes. They loved it, I think
someone else enjoys it too!
Yes, the book is bigger than Sarah!
Cortney was very insistant about having the
birthday dinner because she was so excited
to give Chelsea her gift. I'm not sure when
it first started, but Cortney started calling
Chelsea, "Buttons" and Chelsea would call
Cortney "Butts". Anyway, Cortney designed
this and made it for Chels for her birthday.
Chelsea admitted that it was her favorite
gift. That made both their nights! (If you
can't see, there is a lot of different shaped
and different colored buttons) Very cute
when you put it up to a painted wall!
The girls hanging out when the boys are out
playing basketball! (Notice Lindsey's Davis
t-shirt. It was one of my cheerleading shirts
from when I was in high school!)
We decided to come outside and join them.
Check out that form from Joey!
Such concentration from little sweat head Ike!
Of course Linds doesn't stand by watching,
she always joins in. That's Keat watching.
I didn't get any action shots of Keat, sorry!
Rodger, rebounding the balls! Such
a good sport!
This was taken this morning when she
dropped Sarah off and Chelsea was on her
way to work. I remember always wanting
Chelsea to grow up so I could see how she
would look, talk, act. It has gone so fast. Now
I get the satisfaction of seeing how beautiful
she is and what a great Mom she is. It has
been a fantastic 25 years!
So Joey asked me to tend so he could take
Chelsea to dinner. The boys were with their
Mom so Sarah and I went and visited Sally
and Rulon. It was so much fun. Aunt Sally
loved it, as well as myself. She didn't want
me to take her picture because she had been
out in the year all day. (Honestly, you should
see me when I've been in the yard all day!)
Isn't she beautiful! (Sarah too!) Speaking of
their yard, it was beautiful, as usual! (I'm
not real good about taking red eye out, so
Sarah's eye looks weird)
I think Sarah enjoyed the visit too!
While I was sitting there visiting, I noticed
the clock that was in the kitchen. This is the
clock that hung in Grandma Ellen's kitchen
when I was a little girl. Look real close and
you will see the bee bee shots in it. Great
memories!
When we got home, Ash and Dave were
there, fighting at who got Sarah. I think
Dave won. I really didn't have much
time with her so I will have to have
her again!
Fun day!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Chels! Sounds like she had a fun week of celebrating. Little Sarah is so adorable and so tiny in that last picture. I can't believe how quickly they grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little Sarah is so tiny and sweet! I never had little petite babies like that. Love her! Joan, I hope, HOPE to have the same kind of relationship with my daughters that you do with yours.

    ReplyDelete