January 2010

January 2010

Thursday, November 24, 2011

My 2nd trip to Georiga!

I received a call from Lindsey at the first of April
asking me if I would like to come visit again.
That's all she had to say. I was packed and flying
there about a week and a half later.
When I arrived the only thing they had to
offer me was a 10 passenger van to drive! So here
I was seeing Linds and plenty of room for us
to go cruisin. It was so good to see them again.
Of course the first thing I wanted to do was go to the
grocery store because I knew they had no food in
the house. They wanted me to cook healthy meals and
snacks the week I was there. (It's been so long since
I was there, because I'm a little slow at posting this
blog but...) I believe I cooked 15 meals and about 10
snacks while I was there. They were so fun to try
new recipes on and they helped me cook. I loved it!
Another thing they wanted to do while I was there
was go to the beach. So we ate and went to the
beach and the gym the whole time I was there!
Check out my farmer tan. It was gone by the
time I left. We ventured out and went to Hilton Head.
The beach there was beautiful!
Before I came out Lindsey asked me if I wanted to
do a service project while I was there. She signed
us up and we painted the Salvation Army Building.
This is one of the guys that Lindsey helped tutor
in math. He was recently a convert to the church.
Cute kid.
When I got there, their laundry was unreal. We
headed to the laundrymat. This is probably the only
time I got mad at Linds. They were stuffing their
clothes into about 3 washers when they needed
10 washing machines. (The reason I was upset is
I couldn't believe she would do that) I went and
bought more detergent and we washed all their
clothes so they were clean!

It was over Easter when I was there so I surprised them
and did Easter baskets for them.
This is Lindsey, when she found hers!
Enjoying the sun!
and the beach at night.....Couldn't get enough!
Maybe my legs never got tan :)
messin around
One of the many pictures I took of Linds after
she got her extensions in. (I think she was
sick of the pictures)
We had a dinner for their next door neighbor, Ryan.
I don't Brynn can ever have a straight face.
One last trip to the beach!
Love this picture. What a lot of good memories
in Georgia!
This was inside the store, Del Sol, where they
worked. They were telling me goodbye. This is probably
where Lindsey was made at me because I promised
her that I wouldn't buy any food to leave with them.
(Now what Mom would leave their child without any
food?) Well I went and stocked up their fridge and
freezer because they had another month to be there.
Well come to find out, I left on a Wednesday and they
surprised me and came home the following Monday.
They found out when I was there that they got to
come home. They donated the food to the missionaries.
They loved it.
I will never forget my trips there to visit. Such
a beautiful place and a great memory for Lindsey
and Brynn!

No comments:

Post a Comment